"In life you always have a choice, sometimes it's easier to think that you don't."
-Angel Coulby

Friday 7 November 2014

"Homeless to Harvard"

The movie, "Homeless to Harvard", is very inspirational and eye-opening. I don't know if I would have had the courage that Liz possessed which allowed her to step out of all of the stereotypes that were holding her down. My favorite part of the film was when she realized that she wanted to get an education after her mother died. I like this part because it is the turning point in the movie where instead of going downhill, she was finally making upwards bounds. It must have been very difficult to complete four years of high school in only two while working a job, but if I had a motivation like Liz did than I like to think that I would have worked hard to receive an education like she did.  

4 comments:

  1. That part of the movie was also my favorite part, for similar reasons. I also found the movie slightly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that part to but Liz could have still had an education but her mothers death was the cause of her motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how some people couldn't have any less determination in their life when everyone is supporting them. Liz had an amazing amount of perseverance when the entire world was trying to shut her out and put her down. I don't know if I could have had her dedication either, but I hope that we all could have accomplished what she did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her motivation was commendable and she wouldn't be who she is without this aspect. I agree that with her motivation you could do anything.

    ReplyDelete