"In life you always have a choice, sometimes it's easier to think that you don't."
-Angel Coulby

Sunday 22 February 2015

Influential Leader

Cabraile Cooksey is the one of the most influential leaders that I have ever had. She continues to strive for the best, and her mindset is that she aspires higher, "because she can." Ever since I have known her she has taught me and pushed me to be the best that I could be, academically, socially, physically, and spiritually. She has surpassed everybody's expectations and continues to rise higher.
I think that he means what he says he means. Mr. Keating thinks that the things the human race lives for are beauty, romance and love, and that is why we write poetry, because poetry is about those things. He was trying to teach the boys that even though they were all studying to become doctors, layers, engineers, and businessmen those were not the only things to live for. I agree with him to a certain extent, that those are not the things that we live for but I do not think that we just live for beauty, romance, and love. I think that poetry is really cool and it can be clever. It is like telling a story but in a different, unique way.
I think that it is very important to look at things from another perspective so that you can get a better understanding of a situation. I believe that Mr. Keating's point is a very valid one. One time my twin sister got a bee sting and was crying and I had had a bee sting before and it hadn't hurt that badly to me, so I did not understand why she was crying. Instead of questioning her about her tears, instead I comforted her and helped her take out the bee sting, because I put myself in her shoes.
I do not know the "verse" that I will leave behind when I die, none of us know, but I hope that my verse has something to do with spreading the gospel of Christ and the good news that his name represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment